Thursday, May 27, 2004

 

A Marching Band in Moshi

I was not planning on making an entry today until I encountered an odd site in town. I had just gotten off a daladala when I saw a group of people with musical instruments standing at the corner. They arranged themselves into rows and began to play (not half-bad I might add). The next suprise came when the group began to march down the middle of the road while playing. YES! A real live marching band in Moshi, complete with a band director up front with a backpack on his shoulder. It turns out that they are members of the local Lutheran church.

It was definitely a sentimental band moment for me. I had a difficult time holding back my tears as they marched past.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?